Friday, January 9, 2009

December, long post!

































I haven't posted anything in forever. It seems like my life goes by so fast I can't even thing straight half the time. Well in December we obviously had Christmas and great Christmas parties with the fams. Christmas eve we went to Mikes parents and had a nice dinner, games, presents. Then Christmas morn we woke up after a long night,AGAIN, the kids got to open their presents, and did our usual, watch the movies we just got with our tin full of popcorn. We went to the Starkes Christmas that afternoon. We had a gag gift exchange for the adults and the kids had a gift exchange between them. We also did our usual white elephant game thing. It was fun. We got some of the funniest things for our gags: Mom got some ugly thrift store clothes and purse, Ginger got pregnancy tests and "protection stuff" that she obviously doesn't need anymore (prego woman), Mike got a Mountain Dew Shirt, Brian got a RED oven mitt just like on "The Office" it was so funny just cause right before he opened it he was quoting lines from that episode, I got scratchers. I won 5 bucks, Brandon got a shirt that said something funny, sorry I forgot, Kelli got friendship bracelets so she can make bracelets for her hundreds of friends jk, Andrew got some ugly pink dream catcher thing from me, Mandy got some clothes from the thrift store that were actually cute so I don't know if that counts as a gag.





My Dad came to the party this year, it was so good to have everyone there. The kids all got spoiled from gma and gpa of course. I have tried so hard to teach my kids the true meaning of Christmas and not to worry about all the toys and presents but I feel like I always fail. They always say "I know mom, it's about Jesus' birth" but then they get all greedy when they open all their gifts. I even tried not to get too much this year but gmas and gpas don't help. It sounds like I am gripping sorry, I am grateful for family and all they do to make life comfortable for us and our kids. Family is definitely the reason I keep sane some days. I love you all!




Like I said this is a long post: The day after Christmas our 8 year old got baptised. I figured everyone was up so lets do it now, kinda last second plans and my hubby can't get days straight sometimes so he told his brother down in the valley it was Saturday not Friday so he didn't make it. That's okay, it turned out good. Brian was excited and the speakers gave good talks directed right to Brian and it made me cry to think my oldest is big enough to make these decisions in his own behalf. Mike told him, "K now when you mess up it is your fault not mine and moms." Kinda scary to think the last 8 years I have been held accountable for..yikes! I know we are still held accountable for his future too, just the thought of:itis our duty to teach correct morals and values to our kids and if we don't their lives could be so different. Being a convert and seeing the other side so first hand I would be so heart broken if my kids didn't have the gospel in their lives daily. I really don't know what kids these days will do without the gospel. My kids are only 8, 7, almost 5, almost 3 and they always bring up things they have learned about the gospel. Last Sunday Jaimin was given a CTR ring. He told us all about what his teacher taught him about it. He said " like when you accidentally bump someone and they fall down, you say sorry, that is choosing the right." Funny I thought I taught him that. Oh well he knows now.



Eighmey is cute cause she is always singing "I am a child of God", with that kind of spirit in your home I don't know what else matters.




Well for the rest of December I guess was just hanging out, Mike and I have been trying to get the baby's room done, ha, what a joke. I wait till I have no more energy to hurry and get everything done. 4 more weeks is all and I can't wait,except the fact I don't have anything ready. Ready or not here he comes! I am posting pics from the month, Thanks for listening to my ramble!

1 comment:

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas, but a busy one. Hopefully you can get some rest before the little one comes. I can't believe you have been pregnant 5 times!!! I will have to get tips from you for my next one:)