Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Eighmey!!!

K, I feel like I am repeating myself but I can't leave Eighmey out. She turned 4 on the 12th and I've been too busy to post yet but here it is. I can't believe she is 4! That just seems like such a big number to me. She does act like she is 16 so I can't be too surprised but still. I remember bringing her home on the 13th from the hospital. She wasn't even 36 hours old. She was so precious. She was my smallest baby at 7 lbs 5 1/2 oz. She was sooo cute. She still is very small, she only weighs 30 lbs, maybe 31 these days. Her personality is awesome, I love it. She is kinda shy at first around people but when she opens up you usually can't get her to stop talking but she is so smart I could listen to her for hours. She loves singing, she does this little walk and shakes her booty when she walks away from you,(yes it scares me for her teenage years). I just love watching her grow. She is the only girl (and probably always will be) so she is spoiled but I can't say rotten cause she is very understanding and polite if I tell her she can't have something (most of the time). I know all this won't last long when dealing with a girl but I am hoping for the best.
Birth story (for record): We went to the hospital at 5 or so in the morn to get prepped for c-section. By the time they got her out it was 7:53 a.m. All went well, she did have a small scratch on the top of her head (I think they said she got it when they were cutting her out or cutting umbilical cord, not sure). She had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck twice so they couldn't get her out till they unwound it. She was in my belly screaming because she had her little face sticking out of my belly but they didn't have any slack to pull her out with that cord around her so she was able to start breathing and started screaming. Mike left with her and while in the nursery they noticed a small birth mark on her thigh, they told Mike "she came with that", I guess so they don't get accused of anything. I finally got out of recovery and they said the rooms were full so I had to share rooms, I knew my friend Tiffani Owens was in there with her baby boy so I asked to be with her. I thought it was fun cause I didn't have to feel awkward around her. Mike had to leave to take care of the kids in between babysitters so I had to ask Ross a couple of times for things. He was taking care of 2 mommies and babies, haha. Anyways, I got really antsy so I asked if I could leave, they told me no cause I had a c-section and it had only been 24 hours but I finally won. That afternoon they decided to let me go because there were so many people there. We were home at last. Eighmeys pregnancy was pretty easy, I wish I had more of them. I only gained like 22 lbs instead of the normal 30. I left the hospital in my pre-pregnancy pants and shirt( I didn't look hot but they fit). I have pics of 2 weeks after having her where I am wearing a skirt I can't even fit into now or anytime after I had Madden. Oh the good ol' days. Why can't they all be easy??
Anyways, HAPPY BIRTDAY EIGHHEY, we love you. Remember your my best friend and daddy's little princess, oh and our squirrely.

No comments: