Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Another Busy Day

We have been crazy every day around here. I love making cakes but I have such a small kitchen that it takes up every spot in it every time I make one, then I am usually so sick of being in my kitchen I don't even want to clean it so it takes a couple days to recoup from the event. But this doesn't stop me from making one or four every weekend :)



This is one I did for Mikes cousin Sara's oldest girl Savanna. I like how it turned out even though it isn't exactly what I had pictured when I envisioned it days prior.

Funny story: I was looking at this picture and realized I spelled surprise wrong. I have never been the best at spelling so I always double check my spelling by usng google or asking someone. The night I made this cake I was up till 3:30 am, so I was kinda tired, but I remember looking on the invitation that Sara sent me to make sure it was a surprise and while I was looking I figured how she spelt "surprise" was right. So I wrote "Suprise", I even said it slow a few times to make sure the spelling made sense. WELL, I WAS WRONG!!!! Didn't notice till a few days after the party amd I called Sara and told her I was sorry, she said nobody even noticed the spelling. What a relief. I decided if anyone asks about it in the future I will just say it's an inside joke, ha. This cake I did last second for a lady in the ward. It is a reveal cake. They were having a party to tell everyone what sex their baby was. The inside is blue for a boy of course. I had fun doing this one, not alot of pressure, she said as long as it looks like a baby cake. DONE!We threw Janet a surprise 50th birthday party (I will post pics and details later). This is her cake, she doesn't like fondant so I did all buttercream and it was really yummy. I didn't like this cake so much though, I don't know why but it didn't look the way I wanted it to, oh well, it's done and she liked it.

Madden hiding in a pile of clothes.
They are clean clothes, I just had them thrown there cause we were organizing drawers and closets. The boys like to do funny things with the babies and take pictures.




Eighmey gets very tired some days, must mean she played hard at school. This day she woke up pretty early so when she got home from school she crashed, but not before she ate the whole bag of marshmellows. Well I guess she didn't eat the WHOLE thing seems they are laying all over her. This cracked me up, like she passed out due to too much sugar, haha.











2 comments:

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Cute cakes! I can't believe how well they all turn out...not that I doubt you. It's just that I could NEVER make something like that. I don't have the patience! lol. Good job!

{nicole coombs} said...

your cakes are looking really good! Keep it up!