Saturday, June 6, 2009

Behind Again

Excuse me while I catch up, I wanted to post this last month but I have been busy like crazy.


Well May 15th marked the day that Mike and I went to prom together 10 years ago. Can you believe it, I can't. He asked me to prom about 2 months earlier after a horrible date at GAB. I, of course, said yes cause I was in love with him. (He just liked me as a friend :)


Let me take you back; first we had our day date thing, we went to a movie and to bowling (who didn't), then we went back home and mike hung out for a little and we watched MTV and listened to music. We had alot of fun that whole day. The time came and we had to go our separate ways so we could get ready for that night.


Let me take you back to that night; I was so worried to impress this guy, cause like I said I loved him, I wanted to get it right. I was living with Nicole at the time so we went dress shopping like a month before. Everyone told me they liked the dress we picked out but my hubby still makes fun of me to this day about it (picture below, don't laugh, i'll explain)



Then Nicole told me she would do my hair and makeup, well for some reason, can't remember, Nicole was in the valley that day and was trying to get back but didn't, so I called Hilary DeWitt and she did my hair and makeup. Jesse Cochran and Mike picked me up and went and got Jesses' date. We went to the prom and everything was cool. THEN, Mike was acting weird all night, I thought he hated being with me or something. I was sad cause I thought this was it for our friendship. We got through the night and Jesse drove us home. Mike took me to the Porters' door(where I was living at the time), I asked him why he was so quiet all night. (he would hate for me to write this but), He started tearing up and told me he thinks he likes me. K what kind of person says that I know, but we were "just friends" so for his feelings to change was weird to him I guess. So then he asked me if he could kiss me, I was a prude so I said no. So he left and I went a balled in my room. I didn't know what to feel for that guy, I loved him for so long, but now he pulls this on me? Nicole finally made it home that night she was sicker than a dog throwing up every 5 minutes. That's all I remember.



K now let me explain the pic.




The night before I was riding around on 4 wheelers with some friends and I was on the back riding with Ryan Baker. We were somewhere behind the High School and going way too fast. He was in and out and around every tree flying as fast as he could when all of a sudden he hit a LARGE branch on the ground. He ducked but I didn't see it so it hit me right in the face. It made a cut on my forehead which made a goose egg under that. So my forehead was swollen and huge and bleeding. They took me to the school, I went to a friend doc and they fixed me up. THE NEXT DAY... I woke up and had 2 black eyes. Not funny when you are a teenager girl going to prom with the love of your life that night. So we decided I needed bangs to cover up the goose egg and bandage. The black eyes I couldn't do much for other tat tons of makeup. So that is why I have like 4 inches between my eyes, very swollen.


SO IF I LOOK LIKE A FREAK TO YOU IN THIS PIC LIKE I LOOK LIKE A FREAK TO ME IN THIS PIC, THAT IS WHY, K, DON'T JUDGE!






So for the rest of our story, The following week was the last week of school. I guess I decided to chase another boy so my friends tried to hook us up. Well, that same night Mikes friends were trying to hook him up with another girl too so we saw each other around town that night with other people. I think that's when it clicked. The last day of school Mike asked me out and I said yes. I remember him writing it on my arm or something cause the music at the year book signing party was too loud. We haven't been apart since. His parents didn't like the idea then much but 10 years later I think they are okay with it.

I love that man. Remembering all the drama it was when I was a teenager just makes me laugh, I'm glad he is mine now forever and ever no matter how ugly that pic is.





1 comment:

AMBCrandell said...

You are insane woman. What a story. I thought mine was a little off, but yours pretty much takes the cake. Im going to go through your whole blog and leave a comment on EVERY blog. SO MUCH FUN! hahahaa