Friday, February 26, 2010

10 years baby!



Well, today is our BIG 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY. I am embarrassed to show this picture cause we look so young and I not so good :) But the truth is, we were what we were, and we are what we are so I'll show it anyway.

February 26th, 2000

I hardly remember much from that day, it was all a big blur.
It was a happy blur, but a blur. I remember my friends Rikki and Shana doing my hair and makeup at my house; being at the church; and looking at all the people that were there. I don't remember who all was there though, I read over the sign in book every now and again when I come across it and I didn't even have a clue half of them came. It is just crazy how full your head is when going through such a special time in your life that you can't even absorb anything else.

Michael and I always reminisce about the little yellow banana trailer we went home to that night. We thought it was awesome to have our own place. It is just so funny to look back cause the carpet smelled like pee, the roofed leaked, it was dirty as heck, and very spider infested. I remember hanging my clothes out to dry one late afternoon but they weren't quite dry before bed so I left them for the morning, in the morning I got up and got the clothes down, as I was folding them I saw spider eggs in my undies. Talk about never hanging laundry outside at this house again. We moved out of this house 5 months later when the roof started leaking so bad we just weren't gonna do it anymore.

We had the best memories at this house too. We played battle on Nintendo every night it seemed. We watched movies in each others arms and had romantic candle lite dinners all the time. ( you can do those things every night when you don't have kids) I loved those times with that man.

Now I have other reasons to love "these" times with "this" man.

He still loves watching movies but now we involve our 5 beautiful children whom adore this man. We still battle on Nintendo (yes the same system even) but now our kids kick our butts at it. We still light candles at dinner time but mostly to get rid of the yummy kid/ diaper smell that likes to linger in our home (comes with the territory I guess), and sometimes we light them for one of the 7 birthdays we get to celebrate every year.

I guess what it all boils down to is, I fell in love with this man when he was a hot, fully haired, awesome kid. Since then he is still smokin' hot but has gone bald, and grown up from a kid to a man, to a father. We have grown up together, learning as we go, wondering some days how we are ever going to raise these spirits God has blessed us with to their fullest potential. But, we have done it together. We never make decisions without one another. We are in it together, forever! My thoughts may be all over the place, for this I am sorry. I just want Michael and my prosperity to know how much I love and appreciate Michael Dean Yarn. I want them to know what a perfect father he is. He is always there for them and if he can help it he never misses anything of theirs. I seriously could never do it without him, I am not the single mom type of woman. Call me needy but YES, I need him, I need my husband. I am grateful for how strong of a man he is. I am grateful for how hard he works for and worries about his family. This past couple years have been tough with having our own business and all but Mike never gives up, he keeps on going. I love that. I love his attitude about it, he says "as long as we are together as a family we will be fine". It has helped me realize alot. I have been humbled through his words.

So here is to the next 10 years, hope they bring us as much fun and happiness as the past 10 did. I'm sure they will :)

Happy Anniversary Dean, I love you from here to eternity!

6 comments:

JaredandKatie said...

That is so wonderful!! I love to hear everyone's "stories" because it's where they came from. You have an aweome story too! I'm do glad we've gotten in touch. I only wish we lived closer!

AMBCrandell said...

I'm looking at your husband RIGHT now and wondering, if it only took mike ten yeard to lose his hair then Andrew may be in trouble as well! haha, i forgot it was your anniversary, so much for going on a trip and me watching the kids. shizah! so happy anniversary I can't beleive it has been 10 years, congrats. maybe by your 20th you will be having your 12th child:)

Brandon and Kelli Starkes said...

Happy Anniversery. You guys look 10 years younger in your picture...lol

Anonymous said...

Congrats, lady! :)

Matt n Jessica said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! 10 years! We are about to have our 9th, time sure does fly!

Lindsay and Ron said...

It's crazy...that's exactly what I remember you looking like back then! Congrats on the BIG 10 - you guys are awesome!