Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thoughts

Today as I sit here somewhat alone, I think back to a family that has been on my mind this past week. I don't know this family, never spoke to nor have I seen them. They are a family I feel grateful to have "known" through the blogging world. ( stakerzxposed.blogspot.com )Read the story: This mom made one simple mistake, a mistake all of us moms make, we worry too much on the small things. We let time slip away from our hands, we let our busy schedules consume us. The difference between this mom and most of us is the consequences we get in return, we may find our kids just into the cupboards making messes with you name it, food, dishes, toilet paper, and yes even cleaning supplies (I am guilty of all), but we rarely walk into the bathroom and find our child has drowned. I do not point this out for blame, I point this out because of shame, shame I have in my heart to think I have made this same mistake and have been blessed thus far to ONLY walk into the small messes that you can simply clean up and move on with your day. Never do you think your life could change that quick, that you, like this mom, would have to leave your home in a matter of minutes to sit and sleep for days in a hospital waiting and praying for the news you hope for.
I was on edge as I returned to this families blog everyday to see how their little 16 month old boy was doing (4 months older than my baby). The first few days look grim, I cried as I sat on the other side of the computer saying a small prayer in my heart that this babies sweet spirit would return to his family. As a few more days passed and I checked on them I learned his condition was better but they still needed a miracle. Finally Thursday they announced they are going home, their baby boy made it, he was whole. My heart just burned. I don't even know this family, why did I care so much? That brings me to today, my heart is full.

I am grateful for my Heavenly Father, I am grateful for His plan, the blessing of knowing He is real and He loves me, that He answers prayers, even when your not so diligent He still cares and would never turn His back. I am grateful for my family, for my rock of a husband, for our 5 beautiful healthy children. I am grateful for those few close calls our family has had that ended safely, even though we might not have thought much of it at the time I know Heavenly Father was there to catch our fall. I pray I have more patience with my kids and cherish more moments with them. I am not a perfect mother, but through our Savior I know I can improve daily.

I am grateful families can be together forever, no matter what path this earth life way lead us, we still have family and they are ETERNAL!

Now go hug your babies, I know I will :)

My eternal family

4 comments:

Tina McKinnon said...

Amen to everything you said!...and said so well! Thanks for expressing our feelings eloquently.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I followed the their story about 2 days after it happened also and I have had the same feelings too. Life changing. Thanks for sharing.

Jacob and Sheena Lee said...

I just cried! I could not imagine! Thanks for sharing this story and your testimony! BEAUTIFUL!

AMBCrandell said...

wow, shut it sister, you are making me cry! grrr... I have not heard all that gushy testimony stuff from you in a while, i like it. I am happy for the family that they have their child still. That stuff scares the beep out of me