Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Madden's bday party

Well I finally squeezed a cake in before Mike had to go to the valley to work again. Between that schedule and us moving, this past 2 weeks has been a little crazy. Here is Madden's BALL cake. He loves balls so that's all I could think to make. It didn't turn out like I had hoped but it wasn't like I cared at that point. I had been trying to do this cake forever it felt like so something was better then nothing.





Madden got 3 shots earlier that day so he didn't really care either. And, NO, he didn't blow out his own candles. I had 2 extra weeks to work with him and I never made it that far. Well. I lied, I got him to blow out of a straw but as for just putting your lips together and blowing it wasn't happening.

I guess I taught my kid to be a clean freak while eating cause he didn't want to grab it with his hands :) He just kept bending over and biting it.

And I gave him a spoon with his ice cream, he liked that.

He got a blue bouncy ball cause he loves balls so much. I don't know if he didn't want to unwrap it at first or if he thought it was a colorful ball or something. He just played with it with the wrapping on for a little.

I finally took the paper off so he could see what was inside, no surprise really.









2 comments:

Julianna and Mark Weeks and Family said...

we just did a one year b-day, so I feel for you. they just keep getting bigger.

MOLLI said...

Wow I can't believe he is a year old already! The cake was so cute good job!