Monday, February 8, 2010

This is Mikes new puppy, his name is Sampson, he is a pit bull. He is Punch's pup (our old pit bull). I hate dogs, just for the record!

This is all about Madden, here are lots of pics through the past year. Yes I said YEAR, he turned 1 year old on Saturday. I can't believe it has been a year, I know I say that even if it is 7 years. It is just something moms do I guess.
Madden is such a good, fun baby. He has been sleeping through the night since he was 31/2 - 4 months old. That has been awesome. I never have used a monitor or anything cause his schedule is so perfect and he just sleeps from about 7 to 7. Madden has a cute personality, he will just run over to me or Mike and hug our legs and give us kisses.
I remember when my oldest was this age he was so smart and knew so many things like pointing to body parts and holding up his finger when we asked him how old he was, on and on. So I have tried to teach all my kids as much as I can and I was beginning to think I was falling short with Maddy, but I think he is doing pretty well for not having my full attention all the time like Brian did. He doesn't blow air when we ask him yet(he only did through a straw), but that is important for blowing your candles out on your 1st bday right? He doesn't hold up his finger when I ask him how old he is yet, (I have pics of all my kids doing this by their birthday cake, so it's kinda important too). Those are my failures BUT, what he does do: He says uh oh, dada, mama, no, here, yeah and ball(kinda). He spins roundy round which is so cute, he dances which is even cuter. He tries to poke his food with a fork, he points to our nose and mouth and ears and bellybuttons.He goes and gets his diapers and wipes when I ask him too, he loves to help clean up. He does so much, everyday he is getting so much smarter.
One funny story: the other day I got him naked to jump in the shower with me and while I turned around to take my clothes off he peed on my shower mat. He was looking down and kinda around/over his big belly to see what caused the wet mess.When I asked him what he did he looked down at his peepee and smiled really big. It was cute, like he never knew it was there or something.
I let him run around naked sometimes while changing his diaper just so he can air out a little and I found him looking around/over his belly again and just smiling at his parts again. His smile is almost like an embarrassed smile, he just is so giddy at what he found down there.


He got his big boy car seat on Saturday as well, now he can see where we are going. He liked it alot.





He also tried dipping taters in ketchup by himself. That is still a little messy but sure cute. He loves ketchup, he just sucks on it and re dips and never even bites the tater, just keeps sucking.


We didn't have a bday party yet. (prob this weekend) So stay tuned for pics of Madden getting his first handful of cake :)




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brandon and Kelli Starkes said...

oops! I forgot Madden's Birthdy, sorry. Im used to you having the October and Januaray birthdays not the February birthdays...lol. I wish we would be here for his first birthday party but oh well, I will send him some money.

Ginger said...

Happy B-day Madden! Cute post Brandi. He is getting so big!